Want to dedicate your time to helping homeless animals in need? Volunteer at the Animal Protection Center! We need your help to care for the many of animals we take in annually.
Why Volunteer at the APCSM?
- Help enrich the lives of homeless pets in need
- Meet other people who are passionate about animals
- Find out how an animal shelter and a non-profit organization works
- Gain valuable hands-on experience
What Do Volunteers Do?
- Clean animal adoption rooms, including cage/kennel cleaning
- General shelter cleaning, including laundry, dishes, windows, etc.
- Feed dogs, cats, and small animals
- Walk dogs
- Participate in the APCSM fundraising events
- Help make animals comfortable and happy during their stay at the APCSM
What are the Volunteer Requirements?
- We look for consistent, reliable volunteers.
- We ask for a minimum of 2-4 hours a week for at least 6 months. Your shift will be scheduled on a designated day and time slot.
- Please note the minimum age to volunteer is 18 years old.
What else can volunteers do?
- Event Committee Volunteers – Help with fundraising opportunities
- Foster Care Volunteers – Help provide temporary care for an animal until they are ready to find a new, permanent home. See our fostering information Here.
How do I Apply?
Fill out the Volunteer Application below, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also bring your application to the shelter to apply!
Due to the size of the adoption center, we can not accommodate all applicants. Volunteer positions are filled based on shifts available at the adoption center. We do not offer any short-term community service opportunities. Also, we can not consider incomplete, illegible applications, nor can we consider applicants that do not meet our minimum age requirement of 18. You will be contacted for a meeting with a member of our Volunteer Committee if your application meets our shift needs. We appreciate your patience and please know we do need your help!
Questions? Email: email@example.com